I haven’t been the best about blogging. I know that there are so many things that I have written about that needs to be updated. That is what this blog is dedicated to.
• We never got the year 3 (2nd grade) classes split. Instead, Mr. Owusu and I each got our own assistants. So now, I have a full time assistant in my class and it makes a world of difference! Sooooooo thankful to have Ms. Apam with me!
• I now have 32 students. I got a new girl named Iina, from Finland. She is a sweetheart, She doesn’t really speak a lick of English and I sure as heck don’t speak Finnish. It is challenging for sure, but I love the new dynamic that she adds to our class.
• Amos is now a daddy! His wife Linda gave birth to a healthy baby boy. Pictures will be coming soon. Jordan and I went to visit them a few days after the baby was born. I got to hold him and love him! I was so happy. Little Amos junior is the cutest little thing ever! If you are wondering why I am referring to the baby as “baby” it is because they have not had the naming ceremony yet. Although Amos and Linda know the name of their son, it hasn’t been officially introduced to everyone. The naming ceremony will be in early January. Little Amos jr. better get ready for Auntie Obroni Jennifer to loooooooooooove him and spoil him!
• MY PARENTS ARE COMING TO VISIT ME ON DECEMBER 27th!!!!!!!!! BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT ANYONE COULD ASK FOR. And of course, other presents are welcome too. Just FYI. Haha just kidding!
• The trotros have not been spoiling my dresses lately! That’s a positive. Knock on wood. But today in the trotro, it was our stop and we told the mate that we would be alighting at the round about. So he started to open the door. However he was unsuccessful. So they pulled over, the driver got out and was trying to fix the door to the trotro….also unsuccessful. I have never been trapped inside of a trotro before, I guess there is a first time for everything. Anyways, we needed to get to church so we proceeded to climb all the way to the front of the trotro, over the drivers seat and pass through the passenger side door. And, I think I should get some kind of award because I did all of that WITHOUT ripping my dress!
• We have finished our examinations. All my students did very well. They made their teacher proud. I have been busy grading their papers, and filling out report cards. But the report and assessment program is on the internet. And of course when you need the lights the most, that is when they go out! God is teaching me more and more about patience.
• We never got the year 3 (2nd grade) classes split. Instead, Mr. Owusu and I each got our own assistants. So now, I have a full time assistant in my class and it makes a world of difference! Sooooooo thankful to have Ms. Apam with me!
• I now have 32 students. I got a new girl named Iina, from Finland. She is a sweetheart, She doesn’t really speak a lick of English and I sure as heck don’t speak Finnish. It is challenging for sure, but I love the new dynamic that she adds to our class.
• Amos is now a daddy! His wife Linda gave birth to a healthy baby boy. Pictures will be coming soon. Jordan and I went to visit them a few days after the baby was born. I got to hold him and love him! I was so happy. Little Amos junior is the cutest little thing ever! If you are wondering why I am referring to the baby as “baby” it is because they have not had the naming ceremony yet. Although Amos and Linda know the name of their son, it hasn’t been officially introduced to everyone. The naming ceremony will be in early January. Little Amos jr. better get ready for Auntie Obroni Jennifer to loooooooooooove him and spoil him!
• MY PARENTS ARE COMING TO VISIT ME ON DECEMBER 27th!!!!!!!!! BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT ANYONE COULD ASK FOR. And of course, other presents are welcome too. Just FYI. Haha just kidding!
• The trotros have not been spoiling my dresses lately! That’s a positive. Knock on wood. But today in the trotro, it was our stop and we told the mate that we would be alighting at the round about. So he started to open the door. However he was unsuccessful. So they pulled over, the driver got out and was trying to fix the door to the trotro….also unsuccessful. I have never been trapped inside of a trotro before, I guess there is a first time for everything. Anyways, we needed to get to church so we proceeded to climb all the way to the front of the trotro, over the drivers seat and pass through the passenger side door. And, I think I should get some kind of award because I did all of that WITHOUT ripping my dress!
• We have finished our examinations. All my students did very well. They made their teacher proud. I have been busy grading their papers, and filling out report cards. But the report and assessment program is on the internet. And of course when you need the lights the most, that is when they go out! God is teaching me more and more about patience.
It is hard to believe that I have been in Ghana for 4 months now. The time has just flown by. Term one ends on Friday which is another hard thing to believe. I have finished my first semester of teaching in a foreign country! I have learned and I am still learning. I can't wait to see what the rest of the school year has in store for me and my class.
No comments:
Post a Comment