Akwaaba(welcome) my friends!!
I am back in Ghana! If someone would have told me in high school that I would go to Ghana one time...there is no way that I would have believed them. If they would have told me that I actually wouldn't be going just one time, but that I would EVEN go a second time...still wouldn't believe them. Then, if they would have dropped the bombshell and told me that I would be teaching in Ghana...oh wow! I probably would have fainted!
Well, here I am in Ghana for the 3rd time in the past 3 years. It's true that 10, or even 5 years ago I didn't even imagine being here, but here I am now. God is so good and so faithful.
It feels good to be back here. I leave pieces of my heart here every time I leave, and it is so good to be "reunited" with those pieces of my heart. As soon as I landed, I looked for the big familiar sign reading, "Akwaaba" which means Welcome. That airport sign is the first to welcome who ever comes to Ghana, and soon after your arrival you will be hearing this from everyone. I found the sign at the airport and had a sense of being back home. Soon after seeing the sign from the airplane, I was on my way. Hit with rain and humidity. Again, welcome to Ghana. Got my luggage, was met by some of the school staff, loaded the van and we were on our way. But not so easily, if you know Ghana, or have heard me talk about it...the traffic! The traffic is horrible here! The hotel we stayed at for the evening was probably about 7 miles from the airport and it took us about an hour to get there! Again, welcome to Ghana. I can't complain too much :) I love this place!
We are traveling to Kumasi today, it is about a 5 hour drive. Before we leave for Kumasi, we are going to stop by the US Embassy and check in. From what I have heard, the embassy does a really good job at taking care of it's citizens who are in Ghana!
I want to thank everyone who has been praying and thinking about me. I don't think I have ever been so reassured by the prayers of so many. Your love, support, encouragement, and prayers are very much appreciated.
I have never been a blogger before, this is my first time...so bear with me. I had forgotten I made a blog, but my wonderful friend, Kendra, kindly reminded me of it! Thanks, Kendra! I will try my hardest to keep up with it, but don't feel bad to send me a friendly reminder if you haven't heard from me in awhile!
I pray that God blows you away, just like he has done for me. Find encouragement knowing that God uses ordinary people to do EXTRAORDINARY things! May God bless you.
No comments:
Post a Comment