Wednesday, September 22, 2010

TIA

TIA
This Is Africa

I think for the most part I have adjusted quite well. I'm doing better than I expected. Jordan, on the other hand makes me look bad! He eats all the food and loves it (or at least says he does), he can speak Twi better than I can, he can make cool noises with his mouth and everyone loves it...he puts me to shame! HAHA!
I'm trying to learn Twi, but it is a difficult language! I have already picked up on a few things and can understand some. Hopefully within this next year I will learn plenty more! I have a number of people who are willing to be my teacher...but finding the time is the problem!

So, I just wanted to give you some TIA experiences:

  • RICE, RICE, RICE...we eat a lot of rice. TIA
  • We have been without water for a little over a week. I am perfecting my bucket bathing! TIA
  • Lights out can occur at any time...and the kids LOVE it! TIA
  • Lights out can occur at any time...so SAVE your work on the computer every 2 minutes! TIA
  • The Tro-Tro has ripped or should I say spoiled 3 of my dresses so far. TIA
  • The school has adopted a new curriculum but we have yet to receive our books and the resources we need. TIA
  • FACEBOOK is blocked!!! TIA
  • I have 31 students in my class. The Head of Primary told me that if I still had 31 students on the 14th of September, they would make another year 3 class. I am still waiting...patiently.
  • I now say WATA instead of water and NOT AT TALL instead of not at all. TIA
These are just a few and I'm sure there will be more along the way! Enjoy. Laugh if you want!

Blessings.                                                                                        

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I admit I laughed at a few of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can't wait to read all about Africa!! I can sympathize with a lot of those oddly enough.

    ReplyDelete